McAfee is a big brand when one thinks about antivirus technology. Their products are used by countless firms that benefit from the excellent shield provided by McAfee. The antivirus products from McAfee safeguard the systems by protecting them from online threats that circulate in the form of malware and viruses. Sometimes the users face errors while operating mcafee.com/activate, such as the error code 1336 in windows, which can be resolved by following the proper instructions.
Fixing The Registry Base
- When the registry base is corrupted, you will require editing the registry by taking out the old and irrelevant keys, which are no longer valid and of any use. Do this by going to the command prompt section and type regedit.
- When the registry editor opens, you can locate the key that is associated with the error 1336. Delete the old key and check if the error has disappeared or not.
Updating The System For Better Performance
- One needs to update the system if there are issues related to functioning and performance. Not upgrading your PC can lead your windows to become vulnerable to threats while surfing the web.
- For this, you can download the necessary updates and install them in your PC. This will keep your PC functioning optimally and take out the possibilities of system-related complications that can lead to this error. After this, you can check if the error has been resolved.
Running The SFC Scan
- If other methods didn’t work, you could launch a system file checking scan that can check issues related to system files on your computer. For doing this, you can navigate to the start tab and then open the command prompt panel.
- Further, type the command of sfc/scannow and then hit the enter key. After this, the scan will start automatically and fix the issues related to system files in the PC. After it completes, you can update the antivirus program and see if the error was fixed properly.
The error code 1336 related to www.mcafee.com/activate can be resolved with the correct set of instructions given above.
Jhon Smith is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee products at www.mcafee.com/activate or mcafee.com/activate.