McAfee is a reliable software that provides antivirus services to the users who use it for personal use; also, many companies in the corporate arena utilize the mcafee.com/activate packages to benefit with the excellent protection that comes along with it. There are some problems linked with the McAfee program, such as the error code 404, which requires to be resolved to continue using the program. This can be achieved by following the straightforward guidelines mentioned.
Downloading The Tool Of Reimage
- The Reimage tool is a utility that provides you an automated solution, as the users only require to install it on their system by giving th necessary permissions. You can download this from the web using your browser, and after this, you can install it on your system and launch it.
- When the interface appears upon double-clicking the shortcut icon, you can click on the start scan tab that will initiate scanning for issues related to the McAfee program. Once it completes, you can click on the tab of fix issues for resolving the problems that appear in the displayed results.
Using The Option Of System Restore
- If you suspect that the settings in your computer have been altered, then you can reverse this and see if the error code was the result of these unauthorized settings. You can fix this issue by going to the start tab and then entering the command of system restore. You can type the command in the space box of the search bar.
- When done, you can hit the enter key, which will show you a popup related to system restore. Remember that you will require the credentials of the administrator to make changes to your system. You can choose a point in time to restore your system to the previously best-known settings.
- When you have selected the point, you can click on continue and click the tab of restore to continue with the restoration. The system will initiate the restore procedure, and it will take some time during which you do not need to switch off the system; it will restart itself automatically.
After all these steps, you can check if the error code 404 related to www.mcafee.com/activate has been successfully fixed.
Jhon Smith is a self-professed security expert; He has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games,internet and new media. He writes for Mcafee products at www.mcafee.com/activate or mcafee.com/activate.